nuff header

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus Thinks "The Miley Cyrus Show." is pretty cool

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

You know that skit on Saturday Night Live called "The Miley Cyrus Show"? Well, it pokes fun of both Miley and her father Billy Ray Cyrus. So when I talked to Billy Ray a couple of weeks ago, I just had to know if he thought it was funny or not, guessing that he'd be ticked off at the way the media will not leave him and his family alone. But I was wrong. "I love it. I laugh my head off when I see it," he said. "Because you know there's that saying that imitation is the highest form of flattery." I'm so glad he does like it because that means Cyrus is not taking himself too seriously. All the skit does is show cast member Jason Sudeikis in a long-hair wig and a soul patch playing the guitar, saying things to Miley like, "It is just nuts how special you are. You're like God's gift." and "You are like a pretty little George Lopez." Miley is played by SNL's Vanessa Bayer, and during one show, Miley herself took part in the skit by doing a dead-on Justin Bieber impersonation. Knowing that both Cyruses are capable of making fun of themselves, well, I guess that's pretty cool.

Source: cmt.com

No comments:

Nuffnang