nuff header

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rye Rye talks Miley Cyrus

Rye Rye's debut album has been in the works for years, and every announced release date just keeps getting bumped.
BUt NEET, her record label, says it will finally be in stores in May, and to promote it, the East Baltimore rapper released a free, downloadable mixtape in February.
In it, she covers and mainly improves upon a bunch of cheesy top 40 songs, like Kesha's "We r who we R," "Like a G6" and the "Party in the USA" cover I saw her do in Miami late last year.
In a Q&A that ran in Monday's paper, she talked about her love of Miley Cyrus, bold prints, and where she likes to dance in Baltimore when she's not on tour.
An excerpt:
Q: Where did you dance when you were younger, and do you still go?

A: The Paradox. I still go, here and there, when I'm not on tour. It feels like home. I'm around all the people I grew up with. I go to dance with my friends and to show people that I'm still normal and not stuck up. When I'm there, I'm in my zone. It influences my music as well because I'm staying connected to that Baltimore vibe
The rest of the Q&A is here. NEET says Rye Rye has no shows scheduled for the near future besides a slot at Coachella.

Source:  weblogs.baltimoresun.com

No comments:

Nuffnang