nuff header

Monday, July 11, 2011

Creator of Miley's 18th bday cake speaks out on what an amazing opportunity it was

Well as most of you know Miley Cyrus did an amazing job at the AMA’s last night and then went off to a huge 18th Birthday Celebration at Le Trousdale in West Hollywood!  We were beyond excited to be able to do the dessert spread and birthday cake for her!!!
We were told that she loves dream catchers and the bohemian style, so we focused the whole dessert table around that.  We did a tier birthday cake with hand carved dream catchers, sugar feathers, and sugar turquoise beads.  I wanted to stick with the color scheme of brown, gold, white, and turquoise and I loved the final outcome.  Not only did we do a giant cake, but we also did a custom dessert bar with over 500 desserts!  It was quite a spread!  I have to thank my dear friend and the fabulously talented Jesi Haack, from Jesi Haack Weddings, for the perfect backdrop she created for me!  She hand made all of the golden dream catchers and made the backdrop with ivory burlap and lace…I LOVED it!!!  Of course my wonderful girls, Elizabeth and Karrie, from Posh Paperie created the dessert cards that fit flawlessly with the whole look!
Well enough talking…here are the photos that are already all over the internet!

 

No comments:

Nuffnang